canon IP2000 printer problem on ubuntu

Questions on certain printers and applications
dialman

canon IP2000 printer problem on ubuntu

Post by dialman »

I have installed turboprint but the quality of my print from gimp is still showing lines across the print. The same printout from ms windows using the canon drivers shows non of these tramlines. Anyone any ideas of how to fix this problem.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello dialman,

probably some nozzles of the print head are blocked.
Please print a nozzle check to see if all nozzles are okay. If not, have the head cleaned and try again with a nozzle check.

Depending on the print mode, the Canon printer driver does not use all nozzles - so it could be the case that only nozzles are blocked that were not used when printing with Windows.
Also depending on the print mode and paper used is the utilisation of the black ink. Black color can be mixed with cyan, magenta and yellow (often the case with photo papers) or the black ink can be used.
So if black color is mixed, you will not get any lines even if black nozzles are blocked.
dialman

Post by dialman »

I have done nozzle checks, also head clean and strip out and clean all before doing my original post. I have also done a head alignment. If I print from F spot then I do not get the lines on the photo but get a low res. print. The lines that appear on the photo look like a ploughed field pattern. Using the canon drivers in MS gives me the quality that I am looking for but I hate ms windows because it is soooo slow.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Do you also get these lines when printing a test page or printing from other applications?
Can you send us a scan of such a printout? Preferably via email to mail (at) zedonet (dot) de. This will help to get an idea what the reason might be.