Problems with Epson 2880 prints from Gimp

Questions on certain printers and applications
teve

Post by teve »

Hi,
I am printing with turboprint 2.07-1, i use the turboprint plugin in Gimp quality 4 and srgb.
On all my prints the last centimeter of the print get gradualy lower saturation.

The printer is new, and i dont have the problem when printing with windows or avasys drivers.

Terje
mcanning

Post by mcanning »

I have a similar problem with an Epson R1900, also printing from Gimp. Prints are fine under windows. Have tried different settings, etc. but the isue with the last cm or so remains.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

thank you for your feedback!

does this occur in "borderless" mode?
What is the page size (e.g. A4, Letter, 4x6inch, 10x15cm)?
What is the media type?
teve

Post by teve »

Hi,
I have only tried A4 not borderless.
The media is Epson premium glossy.

- Terje
mcanning

Post by mcanning »

I'm generally using Epson Premium Glossy, A4, printing with borders- have not tried borderless. As well as the last cm not being properly printed, with this combination the page is not fully ejected from the printer into the receiving tray and has to be given a slight tug to disengage. I've waited for a couple of minutes before doing this so its not an unfinished printing cycle.

I've also tried a couple of Plain Paper test sheets and these go through ok. I've also accidentally printed a photo on Epson Premium Glossy with the wrong settings (Plain Paper, Medium quality photo). The print was of course awful - but the last cm did not have the same issues, and the page was fully ejected into the receiving tray.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

@teve:

could you please try if the problem (last lines not printed, paper not ejected) is also present if you set up the printer with the TurboPrint driver "Epson StylusPhotoR2400"
(almost identical driver, only differences are vivid magenta ink and cd support)?

To reduce ink & paper expenses, you can put in plain paper and print a very bright image for testing.
teve

Post by teve »

Hi,
yes I can try this evening.
In my case there is no problem ejecting the paper, the print finishes and ejects the paper. So it is just the problem with the last lines.

I will inform you of the result with R2400 driver!

- Terje
teve

Post by teve »

Hi,
I have printed using the TurboPrint R2400 driver, and I did not see the same problem. So this is a 2880 specific problem.

- Terje
haensl

Re: Problems with Epson 2880 prints from Gimp

Post by haensl »

Hi,

I have a similar problem with an Epson Stylus Photo PX710W and TP 2.22-1.Printing on A4 (both with borders and borderless) results in the last centimeters(s) being printed lighter and with some banding.

What will be the solution for my problem? Using another TP driver as well?

Thanks for your help.

Hans