Why ?

Thanks

MVP
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

thank you for your feedback!

The problem is that the printer is connected using a USB to parallel adapter, so TurboPrint sends an USB initialization command.

You could try the following:

Select a different USB backend in TurboPrint Control Center - "Edit" the printer and choose the connection "Epson 1520 USB" instead of "Epson 1520 TP-USB".
io

Post by io »

thanks!!
It worked but had to put "Epson 1520 USB" before in cups and after in TurboPrint
Regards
MVP

The problem is that the printer is connected using a USB to parallel adapter, so TurboPrint sends an USB initialization command.

Select a different USB backend in TurboPrint Control Center - "Edit" the printer and choose the connection "Epson 1520 USB" instead of "Epson 1520 TP-USB".[/quote]
io

Post by io »

Select a different USB backend in TurboPrint Control Center - "Edit" the printer and choose the connection "Epson 1520 USB" instead of "Epson 1520 TP-USB".

doing so, do I draw benefit from TurboPrint driver ? !
or am I using only cups ?
MV
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

As you are still using the TurboPrint printer driver, there is no change in the printer output when changing the backend (i.e. you are still printing with TurboPrint). The backend driver is just responsible for connecting the driver to the printer.