Problems with paper sizes when using GimpTurboprint.

Questions on certain printers and applications
Gerard TESTA

Problems with paper sizes when using GimpTurboprint.

Post by Gerard TESTA »

Hello,

I am testing turboprint 2.07-1 under Ubuntu 8.10 (French).
My printer is a Canon Pixma MP620.
Installation went fine.

I have got a problem with paper sizes when using The Gimp (2.6.3) and GimpTurboprint (v0.1.6). Some paper formats give right paper sizes, others give wrong paper sizes.
For example format A4 give right paper sizes, as does format 4x6” borderless (width : 10,16, height : 15,24),
but format Canon 4x6” give width 11,92 and height 21,59.
Same problems with formats I create myself in Turboprint control center. I created a format A6 : 10.50 x 14.85 which give in Gimp turboprint A6 11,92 x 21,59.

All paper formats work fine in openoffoce.

Thanks for any help.

Best regards
Valery Landon

Post by Valery Landon »

I also have this kind of problem on my Ubuntu 8.10 + Epson Pro 3800.

If I select A3+ paper borderless in Gimp, TurboPrint will print as a smaller format, not using my paper size correctly. Seem to me that the format it's using is smaller than A3.
Valery Landon

Post by Valery Landon »

Any idea of what I should do?
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello Valery,

please excuse the delay!

I just tried to reproduce the problem on our system but could not find a problem (maybe it is dependend on other system components, like GIMP or CUPS).

I'll send some more information and a screenshot how print settings in GIMP should look like by email.
kari

gimp turboprint paper size malfunction

Post by kari »

I confirm and have reproduced this wrong behavior with Gimp 2.6 and Ubuntu 9.04. If I print anywhere (digikam or cups printing) with a new paper size, turboprint plugin is not able to change paper size to another one.

The only solution that I have found is to print with some other application with new paper size and then print in Gimp with the same size. The problem is in the turboprint plugin, I guess.

Kari
Valery Landon

Post by Valery Landon »

Yeah I hoped it was linked to my Ubuntu install, but I've done a fresh one (9.04) and the problem is still there. So I am unable to use TP to print via Gimp.
kari

Post by kari »

Any info available about this problem? I would like to buy TurboPrint, but this is a severe issue.

kari
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

there is actually a issue with Ubuntu 9.04 and the TurboPrint GIMP print plugin. This will be fixed in the next TurboPrint release (in the next days). Meanwhile you can print with GIMP and TurboPrint using the standard "print.." dialog of GIMP.

EDIT: TurboPrint 2.10 with a new print plugin for GIMP is now available for download on www.turboprint.info