MP750 CD printing issue

Questions on certain printers and applications
m_pav

MP750 CD printing issue

Post by m_pav »

Hi.

I am testing Turboprint 2.07 for 64-bit and I must have tried every possible way to make it print to CD, but nothing will work.

It appears the driver does not respond to any of the settings I have tried and I've been at it for close to 3 hours now, wasted a phenomenal amount of paper and ink with not a single CD printout. If I have the CD in the tray, all I get is an error message on the printers LCD with "inner tray open"

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a fault in the driver?

I will take a video of my screen and post it online for you to look at so you can see how your driver does not do as it is supposed to do, even though both the printer settings and the document settings are set to pick up the CD.

I will post back soon with a url to the video and a snapshot of the result.

Mike P
m_pav

I can't believe it, I got it to print, but not on target

Post by m_pav »

Procedure was:

Open TurboPrint Control
Canon MP750 already selected, click on Configure
Under Main > Paper, choose CD Printable
Under Layout > Pagesize, leave it at A4
Under Layout > Feed > select CD Tray
Press OK

Open CD-Template.odg
File > Printer Settings > MP750 > Properties > Paper
Paper size to A4
Paper Tray to CD TRay
File > Printer Settings > MP750 > Properties > Device
Set Media Type to CD Printable, click OK, OK.

Send print job and wow, the printer actually picked up the CD Tray. The confusion starts and ends with the paper size having to be A4.

Now for the problem.
http://files.filefront.com/13388567

As you will see from the link above, the printout is not only way too high, but it is off centre too. OK, easy fix I thought, change the page dimensions and try again, found that ONLY the original CD-Template.odg would allow the CD tray to be picked up.

Am I still doing something wrong? Seems to me that the printer should pick up the tray if it is selected no matter what paper size is selected. How can I change the settings so the printout appears where it should?

I have used Turboprint 1.xx for a few years now and I was not going to upgrade, but I found the print quality of TP2 to be so much better, plus the lads at TP did the right thing when I had an issue last week, so I'll have to save up for an upgrade if I can get this CD printing thing sorted out.

When I get this thing fully sorted out, I will be happy to create a screen recording (without sound) for Turboprint to use as a reference.

Mike P
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

all the settings are correct except page size - the page size must be set to "CD/DVD" (OpenOffice print dialog: Properties -> Page Size).

This is different from TurboPrint 1.x, where you had to set page size to A4 in OpenOffice.

Adjustments to CD size / center hole size and print position (x / y offset) can be made in TurboPrint Control Center, button "Sizes".