More problems attempting to print borderless

Questions on certain printers and applications
Jim Jensen

More problems attempting to print borderless

Post by Jim Jensen »

Am running OpenSuSE 11.0, KDE 3.59, KDEPrint. Using Epson Stylus Pro 4800 with Turboprint Studio 2.10-1 expired demo version. Printed 40cm x 60cm borderless grayscale on roll paper. The image has lost 1" clipped along the bottom (landscape) apparently due to driver imposing a 1" border along bottom. Otherwise the image printed beautifully! I would really like to get this borderless printing problem fixed, so I can dump MS Windows and rely totally on a Linux solution for my photography needs.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

thank you for your feedback! I've got a few questions:

- which application did you use to print the image?
- is the bottom also cut off in the preview (enable "preview" in TurboPrint Monitor)?
- was the cutter enabled?
- is the missing part "cut off" or left white?

It might help to define a custom page in TurboPrint Control Center size that is 1 inch longer - however you may have to cut the paper manually in this case.

As written in the other thread: please also post the log file /var/log/turboprint/print.log (only section of the last print) - you can also send it by email to "mail (at) zedonet (dot) com" - so that I can check if the internal settings of the driver are correct.