Epson TX700W and SLED11

Questions on certain printers and applications
CraigMeads

Epson TX700W and SLED11

Post by CraigMeads »

I have installed SLED11 onto an AcerTravelmate 4200. Logged in as root, immediately after installation, installed Turboprint 2.10-1 and connected my Epson TX700W. Turboprint found it, I told it to use the Artisan 700 driver, and on Test print the light on the printer flashes, but nothing prints. Similarly if I use the PX700W drive (probably the same anyway)

Interstingly, I can't get the printer to print with Gutenprint either on SLED11 (pstoraster failures), but it's fine with Pipslite on another laptop running SLED10 SP2.

I like the GUI on Turboprint and would like to use it, but I need to get it going first.

Any ideas?

Craig Meads
New Zealand
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

you could post the log file /var/log/turboprint/print.log (section of last print is sufficient).

Please include the following information:

- how is the printer connected: USB / network / WLAN
- the printer URI in TurboPrint Control Center, column "URI"
CraigMeads

Post by CraigMeads »

Hi - it's fairly long, but there might be some pertinent information in it.

It is setup as a network ip printer (192.168.0.6:9100), but yields the same problem if setup as USB.

Turboprint does report back the correct ink levels etc.

Thanks

Craig

[edited: cut some messages for clarity ]

D [14/May/2009:19:34:39 +1200] [Job 65] /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoturboprint: line 416: 24225 Done /usr/share/turboprint/lib/tpstdin --paste /tmp/pstoturboprint24205.chunk
D [14/May/2009:19:34:39 +1200] [Job 65] 24226 Segmentation fault | gs -sDEVICE=cups -r360x360 -dNOMEDIAATTRS -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sOutputFile=/tmp/pstoturboprint24205.fifo - >> /var/log/turboprint/print.log 9> /tmp/pstoturboprint24205.fifo
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Thank you!

A "segmentation fault" is reported for the process "gs" (= ghostscript, the Linux postscript interpreter which sends raster data to the TurboPrint driver).

The reason for this is still not clear.

Please open TurboPrint Control Center, button Toolbox and try to print

- the nozzle test page (ghostscript is not involved)
- the test page "printer test & status page" (is printed using ghostscript)
CraigMeads

Post by CraigMeads »

Sorry for the delay in replying - I was away all weekend doing a large Novell network installation.

If I do a Nozzle check, the blue light flashes, it says it will print a page, but nothing happens.

If I do an alignment, it will print the alignment page. Test print, like nozzle check, also does nothing.
CraigMeads

Epson TX700W and SLED11

Post by CraigMeads »

I have managed to get the printer printing.

I uninstalled Cups, Foomatic, Pipslite, Turboprint, Evince, Gutenprint and Ghostscript.

I installed Ghostscript 8.15 (an earlier version), Cups and Foomatic.

The unit printed using Gutenprint 5.23 driver, and also with Pipslite 1.3 driver.

I updated Ghostscript back to latest version and it still printed. I then installed Turbo print, and it printed. I deleted Pipslite and Gutenprint printers and set the Turboprint version as default. I have now bought the Turboprint license.

Now to get it to scan across the network....

Many thanks for your replies...you did point me in the right direction, which is why I have now bought the product.