WIDE PRINTABLE CD - Canon IP4600

Questions on certain printers and applications
lovetruth

WIDE PRINTABLE CD - Canon IP4600

Post by lovetruth »

i have a Canon IP4600, and i just tried to print cds under Linux. Found quite a good software for it in TurboPrint - just that i can't print WIDE printable CD/DVD (with more print surface covered...)
it would be best if i could create those "Paper types" (actually CD Tray types :) ), by setting their mm or inches.

here are the usual settings i use for printing CD/DVD-s :

WIDE PRINTABLE FORMAT

OUTER SIZE
initial: 116 mm
after: 118 mm

INNER SIZE
initial: 26 mm
after: 21 mm

---------------------------------------------
STANDARD PRINTABLE FORMAT

OUTER SIZE
initial: 116
after: 116

INNER SIZE
initial: 43.0 mm
after: 40.5 mm

---------------------------------------------
MINI PRINTABLE FORMAT
OUTER SIZE
initial: 76.0 mm
after: 76.0 mm

INNER SIZE
initial: 43.0 mm
after: 43.0 mm

if this problem... and usually this type of problems solve enough fast... i am a trial undecided user of TurboPrint - but i would definitely buy the product and recommend it to others if it works so great!
(on windows the printer works great... but i would quit Windows if my Ubuntu would work great for everything i need - i am making money from printing, so i quite need this solved :) )

thanks in advance for your prompt answer!
God bless you!
shalom

andrei
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello lovetruth,

did you already define the mentioned CD formats with the "Sizes" dialog of TurboPrint Control?
There you can add a new "paper format", choose "CD" as "type" and then define the diameters of inner and outer circle.
When printing on CD you can select the new custom format.
I am not quite sure if you already tried that and it did not work?

Please note that this does not apply to printing on CD with an OpenOffice template if this template is based on the A4 page format. Diameters must be changed in the template directly then.