PrintFab dialog within application

Questions on certain printers and applications
thecreepingkid

PrintFab dialog within application

Post by thecreepingkid »

I've installed the trial version of Printfab and added my printer to it. Within an application like Illustrator or InDesign, I can choose the PrintFab profile as my printer, and the color is much better than the default driver.

But, I still have to use the usual print dialog within the application. I can't find any of the specific PrintFab settings indicated in Chapter 7 of the documentation.

Should I do something in the PrintFab Toolbox to gain access to these settings via my print dialog? Is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks for your help. I already love the results, I just want to find that extra control of the settings.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

the "PrintFab Settings" are part of the OS X system print dialog (which is displayed in the PrintFab PDF manual at the beginning of chapter 7).

From Indesign, you can open this dialog with the button "Printer...", from Photoshop use the button "Print..." - it should be similar from Illustrator.

Please also see the PrintFab PDF manual, chapter 11, for application program settings that are relevant for PrintFab.