Printer Canon Multipass MP390

Questions on certain printers and applications
dianahegele

Printer Canon Multipass MP390

Post by dianahegele »

I have a MAC with a canon printer MP390 and bought a printfab from your company and it is still not printing correctly. the Keyfile # 2335137. Please advise me.
Thanks,
Pat
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Dear dianahegele,

we already received a message from you via the PrintFab feedback form
> I have a Canon mp390 printer, with a Mac osx 10.5.7 will not
> print correctly. The fonts overwrite when printing. No line length..
> Please help
and sent the following answer on November 9, 2009:
thank you for your problem report!

You could try to switch to the Mac OS X internal postscript interpreter:

Print Dialog -> PrintFab Settings -> Tab "Main" -> uncheck "Postscript: use Ghostscript as interpreter"

(see PrintFab PDF manual, chapter 7 / page 33).

Could you please also send the following information:

- from which application did you print
- if you printed from a text editor / publishing application: the name of the font that wasn't printed correctly
- your PrintFab version (can be found in PrintFab Toolbox, menu "About PrintFab Toolbox")
Font handling is something that happens before the print job is processed by the PrintFab printer driver: The print job is sent by the application program in Postscript or PDF format (containing text and font information), then it is converted to a kind of "bitmap image" by the postscript interpreter - either Ghostscript or the Mac OS X internal interpreter - and then converted to printer commands by PrintFab.

A problem with text being not formated correctly (line length not respected, etc.) usually comes from fonts not being correctly sent by the application or not being correctly handled in the Postscript interpreter. We can try to assist, but this problem cannot be solved within our printer driver.

It is essential for us to have more information:

- from which application did you print
- if you printed from a text editor / publishing application: the name of the font that wasn't printed correctly
- your PrintFab version (can be found in PrintFab Toolbox, menu "About PrintFab Toolbox")