Trouble printing borderless 10x15cm

Questions on certain printers and applications
cryogenfx

Trouble printing borderless 10x15cm

Post by cryogenfx »

Hi, i have used tp for a few years now, and recently purchased an upgrade to the latest version, as i was looking forward to the preview before print function, as it saves me expensive photo paper and ink, as the prints more than often come out wrong, cropped or otherwise failed.

But now, since last version, i'm trying to print a document borderless on 10x15 cm kodak everyday picture paper sheets, but i have tried it as a jpg, as a pdf, or directly from scribus, but even though the preview in gewnview, the preview from tp all look fine, when the print comes out, the image is cropped and a white border about 1-1,5cm around the whole image is present.

That is with the 4x6 paper setting. if i choose the 4x6 borderless setting, there's just a white border on the top and left sides, and the right and bottom are to the border, but the whole image is offset, so parts of the image is cut out.

This is on a OpenSuse 11.2 installation, using KDE4.5, printing from gwenview and okular, using the lastest stable tp drivers with a Canon Pixma IP5300 printer.

Help, it's so frustrating, not being able to print borderless images anymore.

Also, i was just wondering, cause when i print 4x6's i have to set the papersize three times different places. why is that? first I set 4x6 on the Page settings on print dialog from KDE app, then i go to advanced and under General there, it's MediaSize and PageRegion, and i set both those to 4x6 as well. all this from a single dialog? why, or what am i doing wrong?
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

please try to print if you can borderless from GIMP using the TurboPrint print plugin:

Open a picture, open the print dialog using the menu entry "TurboPrint...", choose page size "4x6 borderless", press the button "Borderless image size" to scale and position the image, choose the media type and print quality, then "Print & Save settings".

If this works, printing should also work from KDE applications. As far as I know, borderless printing from gwenview works only if the aspect ratio of the image fits the page size.

About the possibility to set the page size 3 times - this is nothing specific to TurboPrint drivers - I'd call it a design flaw in the KDE print dialog. It is sufficient to set the size on "Page" -> "Page size".
cryogenfx

Post by cryogenfx »

hi, and thanks for the speedy reply. I have now tried printing from gimp, and it worked, so i should then perhaps file bug reports againt the kde applications?
thanks.