Printing pdf files, possibly all sorts of files

Questions on certain printers and applications
Oelsner

Printing pdf files, possibly all sorts of files

Post by Oelsner »

Hey all,

I have been using Turbo Print for some time now, but never found a fix for this- But now it is starting to cause me troubles with my school work.
The thing is that when printing out guides that i use for dissection exercises in school all pages showing the animal in question turns out pitch black which makes it hard to identify various muscles and tendons.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am running Ubuntu 10.10 with the latest version of Turbo Print.

Regards

Christian Oelsner
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Printing pdf files, possibly all sorts of files

Post by zedonet »

Hello Christian,

can you please describe the problem a bit more detailed, e.g. what printer are you using, did your print in color or b/w? If the images are very dark, you could e.g. try to increase the contrast slider. It would also be helpful if you scan the print and mail it together with the image to mail (at) zedonet (dot) de. Alternatively you can post the images to this thread.
Oelsner

Post by Oelsner »

Hello again,

Sorry about the delay.

My printer is a Canon Pixma IP8500. When i am printing i am using color mode.

Too see what i mean i have take some pictures. Sorry for the bad quality, they are taken with my camera, but they should give an idea as to what i am talking about.

http://img571.imageshack.us/i/imag0012w.jpg/

http://img152.imageshack.us/i/imag0011qo.jpg/

The image is supposed to look like the one without black all over it :) there are however some pages in the document that requires color.

Hope this makes sense.

Christian Oelsner
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

it looks as if the printout is "negative" (black and white exchanged). Is this the case only with certain PDF documents?
Please try if a test page from TurboPrint Control -> Toolbox works correctly.

If only certain documents are affected:

- which Linux version & distribution and which PDF reader do you use (e.g. Adobe Reader 9.4, Okular, ...)?
Adobe Reader usually gives best compatibility with a wide range of PDF documents.

- please send me a sample PDF that doesn't print correctly to mail at zedonet dot com (replace at by @ and dot by .)
Oelsner

Post by Oelsner »

Hello,

thank you for taking the time to look into this matter.
I am on x-mas holiday atm, but when i come home just after newyear i will mail them to you.

Regards

Christian