What happened to my HP deskjet

Questions on certain printers and applications
kilgoretrout

What happened to my HP deskjet

Post by kilgoretrout »

I have not been able to even SEE my canon since upgrading from Jaunty(9.04) YES turbo worked like magic. There it was..Canon MP 470. But all of my others were gone. I had a HPlip thing and a bunch of drivers for my HP deskjet. Now it doesnt even see it. I really didnt do anythiing with turbo. I just installed and went to Printers in Admin. Installed the normal way.(Add...select driver) I chose the Gutenprint Canon Pixma MP150. Seems to work better than 470. YES IT WORKS. But without your program I have no Canon. With it..I have no HP. ALso my cups website is rejecting my password?
Conclusion..MY canon works OK. But when I choose to add printer I only have two choices..Network Printers and other. If I put in my ip address that does nothing. BTW I am using the normal Ubuntu Printer admin thing to add them. I tried clcicking on the two turbo icons and they dont seem to do much of anything. Most of it is greyed out.
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: What happened to my HP deskjet

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

apparently you did not yet complete the installation of TurboPrint. Probably your Linux greyed the TurboPrint icons for security reasons - as it is a software downloaded from the internet. You can right-click the icons and conform that the software is trustworthy. TurboPrint directly supports the Pixma MP470. You should first start TurboPrint Control, complete the installation, then install a driver via TurboPrint Control. TurboPrint does not remove any other printers or drivers, normally you HP printer should work as before. However, as TurboPrint also supports many HP printers, you can also set it up in TurboPrint Control.