HP B8850 Gray only prints for photo

Other questions
tenspd137

HP B8850 Gray only prints for photo

Post by tenspd137 »

Hi all,

I am interested in trying out TurboPrint but I have one question. Can you / how do you print black and white high quality images with the photo black/gray inks only? Currently, I keep a virtual machine with Windows XP on my computer just because I can print my black and white images with the black and gray photo inks only ( I don't want any composite CMY tones) - basically two inks only. Over the last couple years, all of my attempts to print in grayscale with my HP BB850 always result in prints that use ink from the color cartridges, which I don't want it to do. Does TurboPrint support this (black/white photos using gray/black inks only)?

Thanks!
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: HP B8850 Gray only prints for photo

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

the TurboPrint driver has a special mode for high quality black&white images. In this mode, black and gray ink is used - a little bit of color ink can be added to get neutral grey tones. With TurboPrint you can fine-tune the grey balance, e.g. make grey a bit warmer or colder.

To enable this mode, open TurboPrint Control, open the "Config" dialog, tab "Color" and set "Color mode"="Gray Photo".
tenspd137

Re: HP B8850 Gray only prints for photo

Post by tenspd137 »

Thanks - then I am going to give it a try. I would love to be able to ditch my Windows VM.