PCB UV film mask printing with TurboPrint

Other questions
tweakoz

PCB UV film mask printing with TurboPrint

Post by tweakoz »

I have a specific application Im trying to use TurboPrint for.

I am trying to print PCB UV masks. (eg. http://www.devic.us/hacks/wp-content/up ... loseup.jpg)

These are the parameters:

1. Printing with an Epson XP-620

2. Printing on Ryonet RiteFilm (Transparency) - see http://www.screenprinting.com/rite-film ... nLhEMs2vHJ

3. Printing with Ryonet BlackMax ink in ALL (refillable) ink containers (so black is in C,Y,M,K,PK)

4. Source Images can be pure black and white (1 bit greyscale)

Given an greyscale image in gimp, The goal is to get for a black pixel to output max ink on all 4 (CMYK), and if possible even the 5th channel (PK) for maximum darkness on the transparency (since it is being used to mask out UV light on a light sensitive circuit board)

The myriad of options for colorspace, colormode, etc.. can be confusing.
I can live with no greyscale, just pure max opacity 4CH or 5ch black or fully transparent.

What would be the recommended settings for achieving this?

Thanks,

mtm
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: PCB UV film mask printing with TurboPrint

Post by zedonet »

Yes, I can send you a custom color table for this purpose. What are your current settings (media type, print resolution)?
tweakoz

Post by tweakoz »

I have been using "Epson Premium Glossy"

The documentation for the film states:
"Set your paper settings to "premium glossy photo paper" or similar, this allows most printers to lay down the maximum amount of ink"

So for the paper choice, I guess whatever you think would achieve that goal sounds fine.

As for resolution I am using Photo - 5760dpi

Thanks,

mtm
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

I'm going to send you a custom color table by email. Sorry that it took some time (christmas holidays...)