tp2 but it say me it's tp1 [solved]

Other questions
chamoludo

tp2 but it say me it's tp1 [solved]

Post by chamoludo »

hello I ve downloaded the last version of turboprint, I would try this driver to see if it works better than the original on linux. I have a key (in fact I have bought 2 keys, one for turboprint 1,96 and one updated for turboprint2). once installed when I try to select the key (tp2.key) it says me that this key is invalid for turboprint 1x, strange it's the version 2. I try the tp.key for the version 1 I have the same message. So how to have a correct key for tp 2.16 ?
Unfortunately I've lost the message with the facturation of the key or any message which can confirm I am a legal proprietary of the key, too many times I have it...
chamoludo

Post by chamoludo »

Ok, I understand...I m with mandriva 64 , back on mandriva 386, it works, but the license I've got is valid for update only until june 09, so I ve downloaded an older version of tp2 and it works fine, but paying update for the same version of the software is unfair, my driver is now more expensive than the printer!
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

I can understand your point, but please consider also:

- the driver may be more expensive than the printer, but very likely it is cheaper than the ink
- adapting TurboPrint to new Linux distributions and developing new printer drivers require considerable development expenses

Thank you for your help & understanding!