Problem with multiple duplex copies

Other questions
alexander

Problem with multiple duplex copies

Post by alexander »

Hello,

Today I ran into the following problem with version 2.16-2 64-bit (license expired on 10/10/2010) on Fedora 14 and a Pixma iP4000:

I wanted to print 3 copies of a 3-page pdf in duplex. The document was opened in evince. From the "Print" dialog, on the "General" tab I set the number of copies to 3 and on the "Page Setup" tab I set "Two-sided: Long Edge (Standard)". These settings consumed 14 sheets of paper (they should have been 6) and they were printed like so:
  • All sheets except for the last one had been printed on both sides
  • On the first five sheets, one side was the first page, the other was the second, but inverted
  • The next 4 sheets had the second page on both sides, with the back side inverted
  • The 4 sheets after that had the third page on both sides - back side inverted
  • The last sheet had the third page printed once
(I repeated the above, just in case I had missed something the first time, and I got the same result)

If I choose just duplex printing and repeat 3 times, everything turns up as it should.

Is this the same glitch that appears to be corrected in version 2.21-1 (- duplex printing from adobe reader failed; fixed)? If yes, is there some way for me to upgrade to that version?
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Problem with multiple duplex copies

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

did you select "Collate" in the print dialog (below the entry "Copies")?
alexander

Post by alexander »

Just tried it with "Collate" on and the exact same thing happened (the first 3 sheets at least, after that I cancelled the job).
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Please post the log file /var/log/turboprint/print.log
alexander

Post by alexander »

Here it is:
print.log.tar.bz2
(7.4 KiB) Downloaded 592 times
Name and user name have been filtered out.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Thank you for the log file!

This sounds like the problem "number of copies not correct on some Linux distributions" that was fixed in TurboPrint 2.17.

Please download & install the current TurboPrint release 2.21 from http://www.turboprint.info -> link "Download".
alexander

Post by alexander »

Sorry for the delayed response, I had to deal with some personal issues. Thanks for the update, I will have some printing to do in the next couple of days and I will report how everything went.

Update: Just printed 4 copies of a 5-page document and all of them came out exactly as expected. Thanks again!