how to tweak colors

gian

how to tweak colors

Post by gian »

Hello All,
I am on Turboprint/Ubuntu 20.04, and print from Gimp.
I am having a hard time to obtain the correct pink/complexion I see on my calibrated display when printing on my Canon PixmaPro 10s, with Canson Baryta Photographique II.
I tried tweaking the TurboPrint Control tabs Color/Saturation +40, Color/Tone +10 Red, Correction/Magenta +30, but they all look substantially the same. If there is a difference, it's barely perceptible.
Am I missing something? Do I need to be sudo to control the printer?!
thanks for your advice,
-Gian
gian

Re: how to tweak colors

Post by gian »

On the PDF manual for TP, page 40, Individual Color Correction, says:
"With the option "use individual color correction" you can ENABLE or DISABLE these controls".
I should find a checkbox here, I guess, but there isn't one.
I wonder if my setting just disables individual color correction.
gian

Post by gian »

One more thing, in my "Profiles" Tab, at Color spaces I have only CMYK, no RGB/Generic,or RGB/sRGB.

This looks weird.. but I do not know where to find them on my Ubuntu 20.04.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello Gian,

the settings made in TurboPrint Control should work, the effect of "Color/Grey Tone Red +10" is small, you can try to increase this setting.
The settings "Color Saturation +40" and "Color correction Magenta +30" should be clearly visible.

The checkbox "use individual color correction" that is mentioned in the PDF manual is actually no longer there, we will correct this in the manual.

You could send in the log file /var/log/turboprint/print.log to mail (at) zedonet (dot) com and I can check the internal driver settings. If you do so, please also write which settings you made in TurboPrint Control.

In the profiles dialog, tab "Color spaces" you can add additional RGB profiles. Standard profiles like sRGB are not visible in this list because they are "internal".
gian

Post by gian »

Hello and thanks for your support,

yes, it looks like I was too conservative in applying the corrections.

Ok for the check-box missing.

In another post on the forum I read that RGB/sRGB profiles are not needed, given that they are installed by default.

So everything is clear, now... for the moment.

-Gian