Printer cancelling partway through printing

daudistrachur

Printer cancelling partway through printing

Post by daudistrachur »

Hi
I am printing with TurboPrint on an Epson R3000 via Gimp and LinuxMint15. I have just start to print off a panel of 30 A3 borderless prints. I have never had any problems with printing using this combination until now but these are the first borderless prints I have tried. So far I have managed to print 6 but have used 9 sheets of paper as 3 efforts ended with the printer cancelling the print between 1/3rd and 2/3rds the way through. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?
Many thanks.
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Printer cancelling partway through printing

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

if regular printing (with borders) works, borderless printing should work as well. There might be a problem with unreliable data transmission to the USB printer. You could try the following:

1. Make sure that the "TP-USB" Backend has been chosen in TurboPrint Control Center. Open TurboPrint Control and check if the column "URI" starts with "tpu..." and not with "usb...". If it starts with "usb...", click on "Edit" and choose the port entry "HP DeskJet/PhotoSmart ... TP-USB" and click on "OK" to save the configuration.

2. If you still have printing problems, try the following (only if you have some experiences with a text editor and altering system files as superuser):
Edit the file

/etc/turboprint/system.cfg

and add the line "USB_MODE=0". In case this line was already present (e.g. USB_MODE=1) just alter it.
daudistrachur

Re: Printer cancelling partway through printing

Post by daudistrachur »

Hi

Many thanks for your response.
After posting I tried a few more prints but with no better success rate.

I have now followed your instructions:
1. was unnecessary as it was already tpu.
2. I edited /etc/turboprint/system.cfg as you suggested.
I have also replaced the usb cable as you said it might be a data transmission problem.

All appears back to normal now. I have just printed 6 perfect prints with no failures.

So thanks again - problem solved.