Upgrade Fail

Questions on installation
owleyes

Upgrade Fail

Post by owleyes »

Hi, I used the demo version successfully, but I upgraded to the full version some time ago, but haven't been able to print since. I've re-installed the driver numerous times, restarted, repaired permissions, and am quite frustrated. Can anybody help?

I'm using os 12.5.8, Epson 2200. I get the following error message:

/usr/libexec/cups/backend/usb failed
Missing USB class driver

Thanks,
Steve
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade Fail

Post by zedonet »

(This question has already been answered by email)

It sounds as if a OS X system component is missing:

The "USB class driver" is a driver that is called when printing to the USB port using the standard "USB" port backend. As an alternative, you could download and install the free USB replacement driver "usbtb".

You can download the usbtb driver with this link:
<http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gimp-p ... 17.uni.dmg>

After installing the driver (you might get an error message from the installation program, the important parts should be installed anyway), setup your printer again with PrintFab Toolbox. This time choose the connection with "usbtb" in the name to have the driver use this USB driver.

I hope this will fix your printing problems.
owleyes

Post by owleyes »

I installed the usbtb, but am still not having any luck. I found a friend with the same printer to borrow just to see if the problem might be hardware-related. But I can't print with that one either. I have already tried deleting the Epson folder in the library, deleting and reinstalling the driver(s), repair permissions. Nothing works (perhaps not in the right order). At this point I'd like to start from scratch. Does anyone know the process on going for a clean install of the driver(s).

Thanks,
Steve Daniel
owleyes

Post by owleyes »

Just the sequence of procedures would be helpful. Deleting Epson folder, repair permissions, etc.

The demo worked, why can't I use the paid version?

Thanks,
Steve