Printfab settings under Leopard

Questions on installation
thearne3

Printfab settings under Leopard

Post by thearne3 »

I have the latest Leopard 10.5.2 and the 'Printfab settings' don't exist per se - the print dialog only lists 'Printer Features'. This in turn only lists a few pre-defined 'Feature Sets', e.g., General, Color, Advanced Color 1, etc. I can find no way to regular ink use, etc.

What am I missing??? This is true for both a USB Canon s750 and a networked (Bonjour) Canon MP830.

Please help!

Tom
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

if there is an "Unsupported PDE" entry instead of "PrintFab settings", please try to uninstall (using PrintFab Installer) and then install PrintFab again.
thearne3

Now have Printfab Settings

Post by thearne3 »

Thanks!

Now have Printfab Settings AND Unsupported PDE with a line thru it. No matter - it works!

Best,
Tom

:D
Gary King

Post by Gary King »

zedonet wrote:Hello,

if there is an "Unsupported PDE" entry instead of "PrintFab settings", please try to uninstall (using PrintFab Installer) and then install PrintFab again.
I've got this problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled PrintFab, but same problem still exists. Any other suggestions? I have been trying to install PrintFab 2.09 (demo).
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

You could try the following:

Open Applications -> Utilities -> Hard disk utility
Select the system partition (usually named "Mac OS X")

Then execute

Verify disk permissions

If this shows problems, execute

Repair disk permissions
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

PS: please also execute the following command from "terminal" (applications -> utilities -> terminal)

otool -L "/library/printers/ppd plugins/printfabpde.plugin/contents/macos/printfabpde"

(press the "Enter" key after entering this command) and post the results (cut & paste from the terminal window to the email window).
Gary King

Post by Gary King »

zedonet wrote:PS: please also execute the following command from "terminal" (applications -> utilities -> terminal)

otool -L "/library/printers/ppd plugins/printfabpde.plugin/contents/macos/printfabpde"

(press the "Enter" key after entering this command) and post the results (cut & paste from the terminal window to the email window).
Repairing permissions did not fix the problem.

Here is the paste:

Code: Select all

/library/printers/ppd plugins/printfabpde.plugin/contents/macos/printfabpde:
	/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ApplicationServices (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 34.0.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Carbon (compatibility version 2.0.0, current version 136.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 111.0.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 32.0.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation (compatibility version 150.0.0, current version 476.0.0)
Gary King

Post by Gary King »

I even just did a reformat and installed PrintFab, and I STILL get "Unsupported PDE".