Ink levels showing at 100%-Part 2

FrankMtl

Ink levels showing at 100%-Part 2

Post by FrankMtl »

Starting this second thread (1st one here: https://www.turboprint.info/support/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7831) in the hopes this issue is looked into.
I came upon the ink level dialogue within the Print window and wouldn't you know it, there's a discrepancy in ink level reading between it and PF ToolBox. My 6700 jammed and upon inspection ink has run out yet ToolBox still reports levels at 100% while those in Print dialogue are showing empty.
There is some miscommunication going on which I hope you can address.
I even installed the latest version of PF to no avail.
iMac 2019 macOS 11.5 (Big Sur), Canon IP6700 connected via USB
ink.jpg
ink.jpg (140.97 KiB) Viewed 1825 times
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Ink levels showing at 100%-Part 2

Post by zedonet »

Hello and thank you for your well illustrated description!

The levels "ink consumption" show the consumption of ink of the last print job and of all print jobs (the counters can be reset in PrintFab Toolbox). These values are only useful to compare the ink consumption of different documents or of different driver settings (e.g. the effect of PrintFab's "inksave mode"). The "ink consumption" values have nothing to do with the ink amounts in the ink cartridges ("ink values" in PrintFab Toolbox).

It is strange that the "ink values" are always at 100%. I will send you instructions by email how to get the raw status data reported by the printer, this should be helpful for us to analyze the problem.
FrankMtl

Post by FrankMtl »

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification.
I got your email and have sent you the info requested.
Just by looking at the output I knew I'd never get into coding. :shock: :P
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Thank you - I received your email with the debug information. The printer actually reports 100% for all 6 cardridges, this is strange but there is nothing that we can fix in PrintFab.
FrankMtl

Post by FrankMtl »

So is this a problem with the printer and Big Sur, as this was not happening in Mojave.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

We think it has to do with your printer or the cartridges it has installed. The printer thinks the cartridges are still full. Some older printers can only detect an ink level change when levels are e.g. below 25%, so they initially always report 100%, then suddenly ink levels fall to 25%.