Page order with manual duplex printing

robin55

Page order with manual duplex printing

Post by robin55 »

Can I suggest that for printers without duplexers (manual stack reload) the EVEN pages be printed first?

There's never more even than odd pages in a document, but there may be one more odd than even. In the latter case, printing odd pages first leaves one page behind in the feed tray when printing's complete.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

also the last (empty) page should be fed transported through the printer.
Which printer model do you have?
robin55

Post by robin55 »

zedonet wrote: also the last (empty) page should be fed transported through the printer.
Which printer model do you have?
Doesn't seem to be. It's an Epson DX6000.

(If it makes any difference, I just upgraded to 2-03 yesterday and haven't tried duplex printing with that yet).
robin55

Post by robin55 »

Well I've now tested 2.03-1 with a 3-page document and the "orphan" sheet was indeed left stranded in the DX6000 feed tray.

I also tried it with an old Stylus Colour 440 with the same result, though that test threw up other problems with duplex printing as it was initially physically connected to another machine. Seems manual duplex printing doesn't work at all with networked printers.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

Duplex printing currently doesn't work with some network protocols - we are working on a fix for the next release (next to the current version 2.04-1) where we will also fix the "orphan sheet" problem.