Need .tgz version of 1.96-4

LongtimeTPUser

Need .tgz version of 1.96-4

Post by LongtimeTPUser »

Hi,

I've written TP directly but so far have no response, so I'm trying here in "Support".

I'm a long time (10 years +) TP user -- I had it on my old Amiga, and recently (1 year ago) bought Turboprint 1.96-4 for my Ubuntu machine.

All was well until I changed over my OS to a non deb Linux this month. For that, I need the tgz file version TP 1.96-4 -- not the .deb version which I already have.

What I'm talking about is just the former freely downloadable trial program file in tgz form. I looked for it on the website, and can't find it. "Support" simply links to this forum, rather than a support download section, which would be normal for most sofware providers.

I'm very surprised that recent purchasers like myself cannot find a replacement file for the version they bought. I'm not asking for a free upgrade, just a replacement for what I paid for.

How can I obtain a replacement file? Sorry, I'm not ready to purchase 2.0 at this time. I've barely had a year's use out of the first version, and I don't need additonal features or printer support at this time.

Thanks for your assistance.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hi,

you can also use your .deb file:

1. unarchive the .deb file with

ar x turboprint_1.96-4_i386.deb

which chreates the files

control.tar.gz
data.tar.gz

2. extract data.tar.gz