Black mistaken print

Ibiss

Black mistaken print

Post by Ibiss »

Goodnight.
I downloaded printfab for windows. Epson L1300 printer. There is an Epson Premium Glossy profile, it has a maximum printer resolution (5760dpi). This profile prints black by mixing cyan, magenta and yellow ... after blending, a swamp is obtained .. Black Level (USR) is not active in this profile. For that, it is active in Epson Inkjet Paper, but it has a maximum resolution of half as much (2880dpi). When creating a profile and selecting a material with the maximum resolution, the black level is not active ... I liked this RIP, I want to buy it, but this thing just scares me.
How to fix it? Or is this a special limitation? :roll:
Maybe you have a profile that removes this restriction?
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Black mistaken print

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

this is correct, the default setting for Glossy mixes black from Cyan, Magenta and Yellow and the setting for Inkjet Paper uses CMYK but is currently limited to 2880dpi.
A higher print resolution is possible but print speed is lower and print quality is probably the same.

I can send you an experimental driver for Inkjet & 5760dpi, if you are interested.
Do you use this printer with special inks, e.g. for Dye Sublimation?
Ibiss

Post by Ibiss »

I am experimenting with a modified l1300, on which I am trying to print an eco-solvent on film .. I would be grateful for the experimental driver, I’ll write you about the best settings, how I will configure it. Send to my mail please.
Ibiss

Post by Ibiss »

Only now I got to the point of trying to print from a roll, but this function is not ... there is only an automatic machine and manual ...
Can I add it somehow? You can write where to insert what to insert and I will do it. :?:
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

I just sent the experimental driver by email - please excuse the delay.

A roll paper option is not available for the L1300 printer and most other desktop printers. The printer firmware will try to eject the complete roll after the end of a print job, this cannot be prevented by the printer driver.
Ibiss

Post by Ibiss »

While waiting for your answer, edited gutenprint. And I changed the value in inputslots l1300 from another printer. And the roll earned. I’ll write a little lower what I changed.
Ibiss

Post by Ibiss »

gutenprint-5.2.14\src\xml\escp2\inputslots

L1300->inputslots-> default.xml

took data from inputslots \ standard_roll_feed.xml, added to default.xml

Exactly:
<slot translate="text" name="Roll" text="Roll Feed">
<RollFeed><DontEject/></RollFeed>

<InitSequence>IR\002\000\000\001EX\006\000\000\000\000\000\005\001</InitSequence>

<DeinitSequence>IR\002\000\000\002</DeinitSequence>

And I printed on a roll, and the program did not remove paper after printing ...
But the problem of gutenprint is in the wrong color conversion, so I refused it ... But this is a completely different story :)

This method for the roll belonged to Epson Stylus Photo 870.
I think you can add the ability to print on a roll in this way to many epson printers.

Ibiss

Post by Ibiss »

I looked at everything in the mail, and in spam, nothing came :(
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Thank you for the information about roll paper, this looks promising.

I have created a new driver file and added the option to enable the Epson roll paper initialization (EX\006\000\000\000\000\000\005\001). The IR... commands are not present, we may have to add them if the roll paper option can't be activated.

I just sent it by email (sorry, my first email was not correctly addressed).

EDIT: I just sent a second version of the driver file, please use the new one.
Ibiss

Post by Ibiss »

zedonet wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:14 am Thank you for the information about roll paper, this looks promising.

I have created a new driver file and added the option to enable the Epson roll paper initialization (EX\006\000\000\000\000\000\005\001). The IR... commands are not present, we may have to add them if the roll paper option can't be activated.

I just sent it by email (sorry, my first email was not correctly addressed).

EDIT: I just sent a second version of the driver file, please use the new one.
I tried the latter. pulls out the sheet to the end. Probably have to add the option IR .. :cry:
Ibiss

Post by Ibiss »

Happy New Year! It turns out to introduce IR?
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

I've just sent a new experimental version by email.
kosu

Post by kosu »

hello
I'm trying to print on the Epson L1300 ecosolvent and I don't have the icc