Spooler message: Printing page 1, 99% complete...

Linux distribution specific questions
omelette

Spooler message: Printing page 1, 99% complete...

Post by omelette »

Hi. I'm just after installing the TurboPrint demo on Mint 19.1, have configured TurboPrint as a Windows network printer, but encounter the same problem when I try to print. TurboPrint apparently connects with the network printer, 'prints', but nothing is actually printed. The 'Spooler message' displays "Spooler message: Printing page 1, 99% complete..." (see atttached pic.) Bizarrely, I get the same error when I connect the printer directly to the computer. With Linux printer drivers, direct & network connections to the printer work perfectly.

So, I'm wondering whether or not TurboPrint is actually supporting new(er) Linux OS's any more?

Edit: Don't know why, but my Google Drive image-link isn't usable inside the [IMG] container - deleting them.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dsci2BHmgMOgfSNWLsofTHX50xseYrSB/view?usp=sharing
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Spooler message: Printing page 1, 99% complete...

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

to "troubleshoot" this, you should first try to get your printer going with local USB connection. If this works, you can switch to Windows network connection.

A possible explanation for the problem is that you chose the wrong driver, e.g. "Canon BJC4200" instead of "Canon PIXMA iP4200". You can check this in the "TurboPrint Control" application by looking at the rightmost column labeled "Driver".

If the driver has been set correctly, please email the TurboPrint log file "/var/log/turboprint/print.log" to
mail (at) zedonet (dot) com