Canon iP90 ink levels...

Questions on certain printers and applications
Jim_HiTek

Canon iP90 ink levels...

Post by Jim_HiTek »

Turboprint displays less then 10% ink levels after installation of new cartridges, in Ubuntu 21.10. Canon iP90, Inkjet printer

Going to Win11 doesn't help as there doesn't seem to be any reset for 'new cartridges'.

Following the instructions in the Canon Users Guide only mentions resetting the cleaning reservoir NOT the cartridge levels...and following those instructions and resetting the reservoir setting doesn't change anything about ink levels in the print maintenance monitors.

So does the lack of any mention of resetting the ink level setting with installation of new cartridges mean that it's automatic? And if so, shouldn't TurboPrint recognize that message?

Thanks!
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Canon iP90 ink levels...

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

the ink level is controlled only by the printer firmware and should be updated automatically by the printer when you install new cartridges.
The ink level that is shown by TurboPrint Control and TurboPrint Monitor is the ink level that is reported by the printer. TurboPrint cannot reset the ink level.
Jim_HiTek

Re: Canon iP90 ink levels...

Post by Jim_HiTek »

Was not able to get the ink levels to adjust to full when new Canon cartridges were installed.

UNTIL: Found an online Q&A about the problem that said I would have to install the Canon iP90v software in my Win10 setup for Win8.1. This did work and after doing so, returned to Ubuntu 22.04 and opened Turboprint and it now shows 100% ink levels.

But, now it won't print from Ubuntu. I'll start a new thread.