Should Paper Profile Include Thickness?

aflundi

Should Paper Profile Include Thickness?

Post by aflundi »

Forgive me, I'm new to TurboPrint. So far it's been a very good experience, and I'm very greatful to be able to use a printer (Epson P900) that otherwise would not be available under Linux. Thank you for that.

I've set up a new paper profile and it went smoothly. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems to me that each paper type ought to have admin-edittable default attributes in the paper profile like paper thickness, quality, paper size, feed path, color, correction, ink ctrl, and other options -- per paper type, versus overall defaults. I don't see a way to assign a paper thickness to my new paper profile, and I'm not sure what a paper thickness of 'Default' means for a newly added paper.

As it turns out, the 'Default' paper thickness is working very well for this particular paper that I just added, but I expect to be adding more exotic paper profiles in the future where a 'Default' paper thickness may not work so well.

Have I missed something? If not, could that be a consideration for a future version?

Many thanks again. It is very nice to have current printers available as an option for Linux machines thanks to TurboPrint.
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Should Paper Profile Include Thickness?

Post by zedonet »

Thank you for the suggestion. Currently the "thickness" can be selected only implicitly

Plain Paper - uncoated 80g/qm
Inkjet Paper - matte coated < 150g/qm
Glossy/Semiglossy Paper - glossy paper >= 150g/qm
Fineart Paper - matte coated >= 150g/qm

Maybe we can add this in a future version.
aflundi

Re: Should Paper Profile Include Thickness?

Post by aflundi »

That works. Great feedback and info. Thanks!