Printing presets

abraxas

Printing presets

Post by abraxas »

Hi there I am currently testing TP on fedora11 for my pixma ip4600.

I have two questions about the features of TP:

1) Is it possible to save printing presets, say I often print 5x7 borderless on photopaper at 9600dpi (top feed) and also A4 greyscale at 300dpi on plain paper (cassette feed). Manually that seems to be a lot of changes on different index cards. Is there a way to save a set of printing prestes that would make switching between different printouts easier?

2) Related to the first question is that I have not yet understood which settings matter for printing: Do I have to change the paper/format/quality before each printing in the TP configure dialogue, or can I overwrite those settings from the printing dialogue of each application? (I noticed for picasa the setting that matters come from the TP control center and not the setting in picasa). In other words: Do I need to match the print dialogue settings from within the application with that of the control center, or not?

Thanks for your help :D
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

thank you for your feedback!

1. Instead of "presets" you can create several print queues for the same printer in TurboPrint Control Center - e.g. one for text documents on A4 paper, one for photo printing on 5x7 cards. Give the print queues significant names - e.g. "Canon_iP4600_text" and "Canon_iP4600_5x7_photo".

In the application program, simply select the print queue of your choice.

2. The default settings are made in TurboPrint Control Center. The settings in the application programs override these default settings. There may be exceptions for certain application programs - however I don't know of any problems when printing from Picasa.

Which settings did you try to change from Picasa?
abraxas

Post by abraxas »

zedonet wrote:
2. The default settings are made in TurboPrint Control Center. The settings in the application programs override these default settings. There may be exceptions for certain application programs - however I don't know of any problems when printing from Picasa.

Which settings did you try to change from Picasa?
Thanks for your reply - works fine now.
Also picasa works fine - it was just about the image quality, which seems to be limited to 600dpi, so it actually relies on the quality settings of TurboPrint.