sc-T3170x screen print film

Questions on certain printers and applications
JeffW

sc-T3170x screen print film

Post by JeffW »

I have an epson SC-T3170X. I need to print film for screen printing but do not want to make my printer all black, only installing UV ink in the black tank and epson colors in remaining.

With this config can I still print all the halftones and fine details? I will do all black if needed and do not want to be limited in the future but would like to print color images occasionally.
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: sc-T3170x screen print film

Post by zedonet »

Yes, this is possible. You can try if you get sufficient black opacity with the original Epson ink or you can fill UV black ink just into the black ink cartridge. Then you can use the printer to print films for UV exposure and also make color prints.

We recommend to install the PrintFab 30 day trial version which is available for download at www.printfab.net -> link "Download".

Here are the recommended PrintFab settings for halftone printing with the Espon SC-T3170X printer:

In the macOS print dialog, section "Printer Features" -> "Special Settings Screen Printing" it is important that you select "Halftone Screen Mode"="Single Black" (for single black ink) or "Multi Black" (for an ink set with multiple black cartridges). Here you can also set the ink amount, the halftone size and angle:

printfab-ix6800-screenprinting-2.PNG
printfab-ix6800-screenprinting-2.PNG (37.9 KiB) Viewed 62 times

In the macOS print dialog, section "PrintFab Settings" -> tab "Main", please select "Media Type"="Transparent Paper" and a high print resolution:

printfab-ix6800-screenprinting-1.PNG
printfab-ix6800-screenprinting-1.PNG (40.07 KiB) Viewed 62 times

In the application's print dialog, please enable "Separations" and select the color that you want to print (available in applications like PhotoShop, CorelDraw, Illustrator, Indesign).

Please read also the page that has additional information on silkscreen film printing with PrintFab on our website:

https://www.zedonet.com/en_support_silkscreen.phtml

You can find the detailed description of the screen printing options in the PrintFab PDF manual, chapter 7 "Special settings for screen printing (PrintFab Pro XL only)", page 46.