HP Photosmart Pro B9180

Questions on certain printers and applications
spicemax

HP Photosmart Pro B9180

Post by spicemax »

Using the trial installation of TurboPrint, the ink control only shows black, cyan, magenta and yellow. The 9180 also has photo black, light grey, light cyan and light magenta. Does the driver use these other inks, or are they not supported?
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

all inks are supported.

In the "ink control" page in TurboPrint Control Center there are only sliders to limit dark colors (black, cyan, magenta, yellow) - the slider "Photo inks" controls the usage of gray, light magenta and light cyan.
spicemax

Post by spicemax »

Many thanks! :D
Hanz

Greyscale printing?

Post by Hanz »

If all inks including photo inks (light grey, matte black) are supported, could you, please, advise me how can I print greyscale photos using those inks only - i.e. no colour inks are used? This option is available in original HP drivers under Win - it is called like "greyscale printing/use grey inks only" As far as I understand in Turboprint/color folder I can use the slider balancing between using coloured inks and black ink pattern only to simulate grey tones, but what about the light grey/matte black?

Otherwise it is really great product - I have surprisingly better results in comparison to the original HP drivers in Windows!
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

in both the settings "Color Mode" = "Gray photo" and "Color (RGB)", shades of grey are printed with black & grey ink - with a little bit of color added to maintain neutral grey. You can use the "Color / Grey Tone" sliders to adjust color temperature or minimize color cast.