Using a color profile and truematch

pitonyak

Using a color profile and truematch

Post by pitonyak »

I use 64-bit Fedora-7.

I will print targets on my Canon iP6700D, which will be used to create a high-quality ICC profile for the printer.

I print from BibblePro (http://www.bibblelabs.com/), which allows me to specify an ICC Profile.

For my initial test, I turned off truematch in TurboPrint and printed the image. The result was much darker than what I see on screen.

Next, I turned on truematch in TurPrint and printed the same image. The result was very close.

Question: Should I turn-off truematch for my test prints?

My reading of the documentation lead me to believe that this is the case, but then I saw this on a BibblePro forum:
the thread on the turbolinux forum was initiated by me. Today I asked once more. Printing with truematch color unchecked gives only a "brown souce" with a thick color film.

This might lead me to believe otherwise.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

the setting "TrueMatch" off is meant for generating an ICC profile. The uncalibrated print is indeed darker.

If you create a profile with a spectrometer like Gretag EyeOne, the resulting quality is usually good, however if you create a profile using a flatbed scanner, it may be better to leave "TrueMatch" on and create a profile "on top" of TurboPrint's built-in profile.

Which equipment (scanner / colorimeter & profile creation software) do you use?
pitonyak

Post by pitonyak »

zedonet wrote: Which equipment (scanner / colorimeter & profile creation software) do you use?
I have been offered a free profile by a professional in Sweden because he wants the prints. My preference would be to do it with TrueMatch on because the calibration would be very close already. For their final purposes, however, it is better if I turn it off if that means that it does not apply a profile.

Oh yes, and this also means that I do not know what equipment they use.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

In this case I suggest that you leave TrueMatch on.
pitonyak

Post by pitonyak »

Thanks, I will leave it on!