Inner border of CD printing not respected

Questions on certain printers and applications
pcls

Inner border of CD printing not respected

Post by pcls »

Despite changing the inner diameter of the CD/DVD page to 2.4 cm, the printed CD image (using a CD page) clips anything within a 4.0 cm diameter circle of the centre. :( What setting must I change to set this properly, or is this a bug?

I'm using Turboprint2 2.40-1 on Ubuntu 16.04. Printing on Epson Stylus Photo R800. Postscript file sent to printer using "lp -o scaling=100 -d <printername> <filename.ps>".
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Inner border of CD printing not respected

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

the CD margins (inner and outer circle) can be adjusted in TurboPrint Control, dialog "Sizes". You can either modify the default CD/DVD size or add a new one. Please let me know if this helps.
pcls

Post by pcls »

Thanks for your reply. This is indeed what I had done - I adjusted the inner margin of the CD/DVD page size. But the changed inner CD margin (in "Sizes") is having no effect: a 2.40 cm diameter inner margin setting still results in a 4.0 cm diameter inner margin.

I haven't tried defining a new page type; would that be worth trying, do you think?
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Yes, please try defining a new size.
pcls

Post by pcls »

If I define and use a new custom page (I called it "new CD/DVD", unimaginatively) with a smaller inner margin (2.40 cm diameter) then the inner margin is respected (i.e. printing occurs within the 4.0 cm area and the specified margin). I then went back to the original page "CD/DVD" (with the same settings, 2.40 cm diameter etc) then the printing is once again clipped within the 4.0 cm diameter circle.

So I have a work-around (thank you) and will be using the newly-defined page. But there appears to be a bug in the software that I cannot customise the existing "CD/DVD" page parameters.

Incidentally, I have installed the lastest Turboprint version 2.43-1, which I can confirm shows the same behaviour as the earlier version I was using.

Thanks again.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

can you send the log file /var/log/turboprint/print.log?

Please send by email to
mail <at> zedonet <dot> de
and refer to the forum topic "Inner border of CD printing not respected".
pcls

Post by pcls »

Thanks for your (offline) help. To summarise the solution: the page definitions are set per printer. I needed to make sure the correct printer was selected before editing the page types. I had (incorrectly) assumed that the page types were globally defined.

Many thanks for solving this for me.