Does Free Edition print graphic images as well as text?

Other questions
Clarkee

Does Free Edition print graphic images as well as text?

Post by Clarkee »

I am running SUSE 10.2 with a Canon i250 printer.

I was unable to print at all with the i250 until I installed the TurboPrint FreeEdition (v1.95-2).

In testing the Free Edition it works OK for text files (including OpenOffice text docs) but when I try to print an OpenOffice doc with a graphic image the print job seems to get stalled - it remains 'active' in the print Q but nothing happens! If I delete from the Q then other jobs waiting behind it print OK if they contain only text data.

Is this just a limitation with the demo version or do I have an installation problem?
Clarkee

Resolved

Post by Clarkee »

Resolved (I think) by setting Postscript Level 2 in the Properties for the Printer Setup of OO Writer. Discovered this in TurboPrint manual (with reference to Gimp) whilst following another thread on this site (http://www.turboprint.info/support/viewtopic.php?t=12).

I am left with the issue of printing correctly within the intended borders, but this has been alluded to in the aforementioned thread (though seemingly unresolved).

This whole printing scenario is still a nightmare somewhat reminiscent of the old DOS days! Or even pre-DOS days when you wrote your own drivers ....
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

I have no yet experienced such a problem - it should not be necessary to set the "Postscript Level" explicitly.