File Size Limit?

rkelac

File Size Limit?

Post by rkelac »

Is there a 30K pixel size limit on each dimension on files that print to PrintFab? I tried printing a file that was just over that limit. It changed ink types, spooled, and then it just disappeared. Works fine when I reduced the file size to about half of that.

I have heard that there is a limit of 30K pixels with the Epson driver. Does PrintFab use the Epson driver for printing on Epson printers?

R
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: File Size Limit?

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

there is no known image size limit in PrintFab, however it is possible that there is such a limit in components that are used by PrintFab (e.g. the postscript interpreter Ghostscript) or that there is a problem in the PrintFab beta version that causes a "overflow" of integer values under certain circumstances.

Could you please post additional information so that we can try to reproduce the problem:

- your printer
- the application software that you used (e.g. Photoshop)
- the type of image that you printed (e.g. JPEG 24bit RGB color, image dimensions width x height)
- and any print parameters that may be of importance (e.g. print size width x height in cm or inch)
rkelac

Post by rkelac »

zedonet wrote:Hello,

there is no known image size limit in PrintFab, however it is possible that there is such a limit in components that are used by PrintFab (e.g. the postscript interpreter Ghostscript) or that there is a problem in the PrintFab beta version that causes a "overflow" of integer values under certain circumstances.

Could you please post additional information so that we can try to reproduce the problem:

- your printer
- the application software that you used (e.g. Photoshop)
- the type of image that you printed (e.g. JPEG 24bit RGB color, image dimensions width x height)
- and any print parameters that may be of importance (e.g. print size width x height in cm or inch)
Printer: Epson 3880
Application: Lightroom
Type of Image: tif, 21.75x16.329
Print Parameters: Print Resolution 1440, Color Space: ProPhoto RGB, Quality: 6-2880dpi, Color Mode: Color (RGB), Intent: Perception, Precision: 16 bit per channel, Print Direction: Unidirectional

I'll try printing with the Mac version.

R
rkelac

Post by rkelac »

Same problem with the Mac version. The printing status window says incoming, then printing, and then it immediately disappears.

R
rkelac

Post by rkelac »

rkelac wrote:Same problem with the Mac version. The printing status window says incoming, then printing, and then it immediately disappears.

R
Doesn't look like a 30K ppi in one dimension problem. It will print a thin area longer than 30K pixels in one dimension. Could it be a spooling file size problem? The file sent is about 1.5GBs?

R