Lines on IP5200 image printing

Questions on certain printers and applications
Bruno

Lines on IP5200 image printing

Post by Bruno »

Hi,

I' just get the turboprint driver and wanted to try it just now

It seems ok for standard printing, but I've got some problems with image printing.

First I can't find how to print with no borders, when I set margins to zero, there is still a white border on my photos

Second there are two lines across the image, very thin but present, perpendicular to the printing heads.

Now some technical features :

UBUNTU 7.04 up to date

using DIGIKAM 0.9.1, I didn't succes to print anything correct with Gimp

Printing options :

Photo paper glossy A4 format (CANON)
Printing resolution 2400
margins all zero
Landscape

I don't get any problems with the same option when using windows XP and the Canon drivers

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my poor english, i'm french
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

setting the margins to zero in digikam is necessary.

Additionally, you have to choose a "borderless" page size in the print dialog - e.g. "A4 borderless" or "4x6 borderless".

Thin white lines have been reported - they seem to be caused by the postscript interpreter "ghostscript". For some users it has helped to update the Linux distribution (however, yours is already the current stable release) or use a different application to print.
Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Hello,

Thanks for your help,

I did not see the borderless option first, for me border and margin should logically be together. Now ok I tried the borderless A4 format, but I still have borders each side of the sheet (3 to 4 mm) and no borders at the top/bottom of the sheet, margin are all zero in the settings. Well it's not really a problem borders are thin and I've got tools to cut them.

Lines have disapeared and colors are ok, very close to the natural colors (that's nice ).

Lines are still present when using standard A4 format and margin zero.

I'll make some other tests and tell you about,

Thanks again

Bruno