Photoshop CS

Questions on certain printers and applications
Rich

Photoshop CS

Post by Rich »

I'm using Photoshop 8.0 which is also called CS. The PrintFab manual gives instructions for settings in Print With Preview for CS1 and CS2. It is not clear to me how to set up CS. How should Rendering Intent be set? And should Simulate Black ink be checked?

I have ink limit set at 150 but my prints look over saturated. I know that does not necessarily relate to the ink setting, but I'm not clear how to reduce saturation in the custom settings.

I'm printing on Epson heavy matte paper on an Epson 1270 using the profile supplied in PrintFab.

Thanks,
Rich
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

the original "Photoshop CS" is called "PhotoShop CS1" in the PrintFab manual, so follow the instructions in the PrintFab PDF manual on page 53, section "PhotoShop CS1": PrintSpace-Profile = Same as source.
("Rendering Intent" and "Simulate Black ink" cannot be chosen in this case).

If prints look over saturated, you should reduce ink intensity in the print dialog:

"PrintFab Settings" -> "Ink Control 2" -> move down slider "Reduce Intensity"
Rich

Post by Rich »

Thanks for your reply. As regards over saturation, I seemed to help the problem by reducing the gamut to maybe 90% or less. Does this have the same effect as reducing the ink as you suggest, or is there a down side to reducing gamut?

Thanks,
Rich
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Reducing gamut makes colors less vivid and is also a possibility to reduce bleeding in colors, but not in black.

There is no problem if you are happy with the print results.