Just will not work....

Snapafun

Just will not work....

Post by Snapafun »

.... for me at least.

Have brought TP because of a fault with my IP43000 that requires me to run a head clean just before I use it.

Running TP on my Notebook ( PCLinuxOS 2007 )
Printers are networked from cups server ( BEL )
Printers work well from Notebook from normal user print dialogues within any program I use on the Notepad.

Will not work with anything I've tried with TP.

Latest effort: ( Note: TP running on the Notepad only.)

( My console printf )
[root@SnapafunMobile tmp]# tpsetup
TurboPrint V1.94-4 (08-JUN-2006) (c)ZEDOnet GmbH
Ser.No.xxxxxxxxxxxx registered to Frank McIsaac, (Removed the actual licence number)
Private license for 1 user
Not for business, governmental or educational use

[root@SnapafunMobile tmp]# su root
[root@SnapafunMobile tmp]# export DISPLAY=:0
[root@SnapafunMobile tmp]# xtpsetup
lp: The printer or class was not found.
lp: The printer or class was not found

Resultant dialogues :

The log file dosen't help me much but might help helpers here....

http://snapafun.co.nz/TP/turboprint.txt

So, before I start really pulling my hair out, anyone got a howto suggestion to point me to the right way to do this?

NB: My added entries do not get kept because if I close the xpsetup dialogue and then reopen it I get to see only the hidden entries upon clicking "Show".
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

it seems that the printer is present in the TurboPrint setup tool, but not in CUPS. Can you check in the CUPS web frontent if tp1 is there (web browser, address "http://localhost:631/printers"? You can also try to add your printer in the web browser.

One thing that doesn't look correct is the ip address "192.168.0.5:631" - the ":631" is not necessary, you may try with just "192.168.0.5".
Snapafun

Post by Snapafun »

Thanks for the reply, greatly appreciated.

I'm a little confused here. Though TP shows my two printers as usb devices, I do not have any printers connected physically to this client Notepad. But from your comments, TP should be present at localhost:631 ~ this actual Notepad ??????

Yes, my printers do show up at Localhost:631, much to my surprise, so I have some learning to do here.

Meanwhile, I'm still unable to use my printers via TP, nor retain their addition to TP setup. ( And yes, I have tried it without the :631 part and always as root.)

So I'll go back and try to configure with local cups ~ perhaps I missed something ~ any links to topics that address this directly would be most appreciated.