Epson 1400: can't print at highest resolution on 13x19

Questions on certain printers and applications
maturin

Epson 1400: can't print at highest resolution on 13x19

Post by maturin »

I have tried several times to print at the highest resolution (5760 dpi) without success. I'm using the trial version of Turboprint. To be brief:

- I added a 13x19 page size.
- I can print to this size at lower resolutions (e.g. 2880).
- It will not print at 5760, even if I reduce the size of the print to a regular 8.5x11 (but leave the paper size at 13x19).
- Printing at 5760 does work at 11x14.
- I have tried from two different computers with the same result.

I'm using 64 bit Kubuntu 8.04. I note that when I submit a print job at 5760 and 13x19, the KDE printer icon becomes active, and indicates processing. It then (after about three seconds) disappears. The Turboprint monitor seems to think that everything worked, but nothing is ever printed. Printing something smaller works just fine after I try this (i.e., the printer queue doesn't freeze up or anything).

Any thoughts? Advice? Thanks.
maturin

Post by maturin »

Anyone???
maturin

Post by maturin »

I guess it's lucky there's a free trial. Who would want to buy this software with this kind of support?
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

we could finally reproduce the problem - internally a "/rangecheck in --image--" is reported by ghostscript when trying to render the image sent by gimp.

The problem not caused by the TurboPrint printer driver, but either by ghostscript (as there are no problems with ghostscript version 8.15) or the gutenprint / gimp print plugin (as it is possible to print from other applications).

We will have to investigate further to see if there are fixes available in newer versions of ghostscript or gutenprint.
jeffegg2

Epson 1400 and large paper

Post by jeffegg2 »

I have the same problem with both 11x17 and 13x18. I print using turbo print. the control screen pops up saying printing, and then says complete without printing anything. I tried guten print, it prints just fine in ultra photo which is very high res.