Finding a new printer

Other questions
Mark Knecht

Finding a new printer

Post by Mark Knecht »

Hi,
We all use Linux here but I need better support than I'm getting from the Open Source driver. Can TurboPrint help?

1) We have 3 printers:

MP150
MP310
psc-1610

I find support for the MP150 but no support for the MP310 or the HP printer. Is there any support at all for these devices?

2) If I purchase a single license can I run printers on different machines and share them across the network?

3) What supported printers are currently in the retail channel that can be purchased today and have support currently in the package?

Thanks,
Mark
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

- the MP150 ist directly supported by TurboPrint
- does a Pixma MP310 exist? such a device is not available in Europe or USA - however, the MX310 is supported by TP
- there is no special driver for the PSC1610 but it should work with the HP Deskjet515x driver

The single license allows to use up to two different printers on one computer - of course the printers can also be connected to other computer in the network and can be addressed via a network.
In your case the 3-user family license with support of 3 printers and 3 computers would suit best. The familiy license is available at 49,95 Euros.

I suggest to download and test the free 30-day trial version of TurboPrint 2. So you can test if everything works as expected before purchasing a license.

You can find a list of all currently supported printer on the TurboPrint web page. All updates within 6 months after purchase are free, so you will also be able to use some new printers in the future. As an option you can purchase 2 years of free updates.