Pro9000 and linux server

spotslayer

Pro9000 and linux server

Post by spotslayer »

Good evening,

I have been using Turboprint for a year or so now. My workstation is Kubuntu linux 8.10. I have one computer that is an XP computer that I only use as a print server. I would like to do away with it and be M$ free. I have a ubuntu server that I have attached my Pro9000 to. Right now I am using the 30 day trial(current, DL'ed today) on my server. I have a license on my regular workstation computer(also current). When I ssh into my server, or print a test page from cups I am able to print just fine. When I try to print from my workstation over the network, I get errors saying that the printer is not connected or switched on in the printer area on the print monitor. In the spooler area I have a message "Unable to open USB port busy: will retry in 5 seconds ..." My firewall is down on both computers.

I am using IPP printing via the Linux network printer option.
Linux network printer (IPP)
Server = "computers hostname"
Printer = printers/Pro9001 (set via cups find printers)

I really would like to do away with the window$ computer but as of now that is the only way I am able to print from my workstation. I know that this must be somethin I have overlooked, I just don't know what it could be.

I appreciate your experience and insight.

David :(
spotslayer

Solved

Post by spotslayer »

I decided to shut down the server and restart. It had not been shutdown in a very long time, 12 or 14 weeks. After it came back up printing worked fine.

David :D