Monitor shows 'Demo' and limited function after registration

Questions on installation
Rael

Monitor shows 'Demo' and limited function after registration

Post by Rael »

Hi, I recently installed a demo/trial version of your printer driver for an Epson Stylus Pro 4800. Finding the driver to be satisfactory beyond my expectation I went through with a purchase of the full driver with support for large size papers.

I followed the directions for installation of the driver by passing the keyfile to Turboprint Studio but I still see the message at the bottom of the Turboprint Monitor window that notifies me of the Demo/Trial status of Turboprint studio and offers me a trial end date.

Additionally, when I look at my CUPS settings the driver is displayed as being "TurboPrint Studio - ***unregistered***" and I have found that I cannot print images over 8.5x11" through CUPS. I can print on larger paper sizes but the printed image stays relegated to that space.

Gimp is one exception as it has a separate 'print through turboprint' option and works as-expected but I have a need to network two of my machines together and (if I remember this correctly) I need CUPS to do that.

Please let me know how to specify a registered / XL TurboPrint driver and print large paper/image sizes through CUPS.

Regards,
~Rael
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

it is normal that TurboPrint Monitor shows the previous license until a reboot or until it is restarted manually (e.g. from command line

kill turboprint-monitor

then start it again using the TurboPrint Monitor icon).

To check your registraion, please open TurboPrint Control Center, button "About / License" and check if your license "TurboPrint Studio XL" is properly shown.
If not, register by choosing the key file again (button "Select keyfile ...").

About print size:
The size should not limited while you are in the 30 day trial period. If the print size is restricted to 8.5 x 11" this might be an application program specific problem - from which application(s) did you try to print?
Rael

Post by Rael »

Hello,
I wanted to say a quick thank you. Restarting TurboPrint after killing it using the command line solved the issue. Also, after some additional configuring, CUPS no recognizes the TurboPrint Studio as registered, and my printing size issues, for the moment at least, have been resolved.

Thank you again for your help,
Rael