Borderless printing with Epson 1280

Questions on certain printers and applications
John West

Borderless printing with Epson 1280

Post by John West »

I am using Photoshop CS2, Mac OS 10.3.9 and have installed the trial version of PrintFab as a driver for my Epson 1280 (USB connection). Initial results printing 10x7 inch photographs on letter size heavyweight matte paper came out very nicely. However, I have been unable to get borderless 11x14 inch prints, indeed the dialog boxes seem to recognize 11x14 paper size only with some difficulty.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

the print size 11x14" borderless is not available for the Epson Stylus Photo 1280 printer.

It is possible to add additional custom page sizes in PrintFab Toolbox.
However, only sizes with borders can be added, as there are restrictions from the printer mechanics.

Note: Do not use the "Custom" size setting in the OS X page setup dialog - it doesn't work properly with PrintFab. Add your custom page size in PrintFab Toolbox instead and choose it in the page setup dialog.
John West

Post by John West »

Since my original drivers for the Epson 1280 did allow for 11x14 borderless prints (I did many of them), I assume what you are saying is this is a limitation of the PrintFab driver not of the printer. Am I interpreting your answer correctly?

John West
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

So the printer should be capable of printing 11x14 borderless...

I will email you a driver file with this size added.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Please use this link to download a PrintFab version that includes the size 11x14" borderless:

ftp://ftp.zedonet.com/printfab/printfab-2.11b.dmg