Colour: Perception Inksave vs(?)Ink Control 2: Reduce Intens

Questions on installation
MacIvor

Colour: Perception Inksave vs(?)Ink Control 2: Reduce Intens

Post by MacIvor »

I'm using Printfab with a Canon Pixma iP4600, under 10.5.6.

A=====If I set up 'Colour' to run in Perception Inksave mode do I need then to set the 'Ink Control 2' to Reduce Intensity, or will I get an overly reduced colour intensity from this (double!) setting.(ie should I only use Ink Control setting at, say, 20% if I have not engaged Perception Inksave?)

B=====Also, in terms of installation, I have attempted to use usbtb, but:
1) it won't seem to recognise the Printfab Printer Driver, and only creates a setup for the Canon Native PD.
2) Having installed it I indicated (at the end of the setup) for it to do a print to verify it was set up ok, and it wouldn't do anything... no print manager was produced... so I have just uninstalled it... any comments please. :?:
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

A) It is no problem to combine both settings:

"Perception Inksave" is a moderate ink saving setting. It limits maximum ink application and replaces color inks by black ink (for grey / dark colors) but tries to maintain the intensity of the output.

On top of that you can use the "reduce intensity" slider.

B) To use USBTB with PrintFab drivers do the following:

- install USBTB and ignore any warnings that the USBTB installer doesn't recognise the PrintFab drivers

- then open PrintFab Toolbox and add a new printer - choose the USB port entry that ends on "USBTB" instead of "USB". If printing works (you can verify by printing a test page from PrintFab Toolbox) you can remove the old printer entry.
MacIvor

Your speedy reply!!

Post by MacIvor »

Thanks V much for the info... I now see how to use the Inksaving functions better.

Also your usbtb response has sorted that for me...great... pre usbtb the initial response of the iP4600 to a print call was veeeerrrry slow... much slower than the ip4500 I passed to my wife. Now it responds like lighting!! Yippee!! and I save ink as well. Great program! javascript:emoticon(':D')