Problem with Ubuntu 9.04 and Canon Pixma MP520

Other questions
tannoz

Problem with Ubuntu 9.04 and Canon Pixma MP520

Post by tannoz »

Hello,

I have been using TP for quite a long time now, and it always ran like a charm. But recently, it appeared that I could not print anymore. Maybe due to an Ubuntu upgrade, I don't know... However, when trying to troubleshoot, I saw there's a 2.11 release out there, so I installed it. The problem is still present. Here are the symptoms : when I trigger a print task, the print monitor appears, with a "printer not connected or switched off" message. The ink levels are shown ok in the Info tab. The printer does nothing, but I get a notification telling the task was performed. In the toolbox, the different test pages (A4, letter...) have the same result as a normal print task (nothing...). I can trigger a print heads cleansing. When I try an "align print heads", nothing happens.

In CUPS web interface, I see the printer and print tasks.

Code: Select all

Description : Canon_PIXMA_MP520
Lieu :
Marque et modèle : Canon_PIXMA_MP520 TurboPrint
État de l'imprimante : ne fait rien, accepte les tâches, publique.
URI du matériel : tpu://Canon/MP520_series 
Print tasks are shown as finished.

Any idea ?

Best regards,
Yann
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

please send the log files after trying to print:

/var/log/turboprint/print.log
/var/log/cups/error_log

Email them to mail at zedonet dot de, referring to your post in the forum.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello

an update of "ghostscript", the postscript interpreter, seems to have caused the problem - your current versions doesn't support the "cups" raster bitmap output format.

Please try the following: Load the file

/usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoturboprint

into a text editor and change the line

if [ $GSCUPSDEVICE -eq 1 ] ; then

to

if [ $GSCUPSDEVICE -eq 123 ] ; then

then save the file.
tannoz

Post by tannoz »

Hello,

Thanks for the tip, but it does not seem to work... I tried to launch a a4 test page. Nothing comes out from the printer and here's what I get in CUPS error log :

E [10/Oct/2009:09:43:14 +0200] Filter "commandtoturboprint" for printer "tp0" not available: No such file or directory
E [10/Oct/2009:21:58:03 +0200] Filter "commandtoturboprint" for printer "tp0" not available: No such file or directory
E [10/Oct/2009:22:01:21 +0200] Resume-Printer: Unauthorized
E [10/Oct/2009:22:02:10 +0200] CUPS-Delete-Printer: Unauthorized

I deleted the printer in TP Control panel, but when I tried to add it again, it does not suggest any USB device...

Errr...

I just tried again in order to describe the problem and now it works... I added a new printer, and the test page suggested at the end of the process is ok... Weird, but still good news ! :)

Thanks for your support !
Yann