Magenta Blowout

Post by OurGodlivz »

I have:
2.11 TP
Canon Pro9000
Gentoo 2.6.30-gentoo-r1 #6 SMP PREEMPT x86_64
Perception Photo
sRGB/Apple RBG

And I just tried purchasing some of the off brand cheap ink. Now I know that some will say never use the cheap ink, but I do not have much of a choice right now. Canon ink is at $15 and this is at $5. (However if anyone has any ideas on quality place to buy the ink I would likely go for it in the future.)

Anyway installed the ink and I now have VERY magenta colored photos. Tan is coming out a nice pink. Under correction I have pushed the magenta to -50%, but it is still coming out pink (not quite as bad, but very unusable.) Perhaps this is not changing the Light/Photo magenta?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello OurGodlivz,

you should first print a nozzle check to see if any nozzles are blocked and clean the print head if necessary. Also make sure that you actually inserted a light magenta cartridge and not two normal magenta cartridges.
Light magenta is also affected by the color correction, however the effect is not as strong as with the normal colors.

If the prints are still not good, I suggest to buy ink cartridges from a different manufacturer. You could also have created an individual TurboPrint color profile which would achieve the best color results possible with the inks you are using.