bad profiles with L1800 linearization curves don't match

smile

bad profiles with L1800 linearization curves don't match

Post by smile »

I printed test charts with EPSON L1800.

1st chart printer in Photoshop CS4 - last vesion to allow for no color management printing.
2nd chart printed in printFAB with profile creation preset produces bad gamut.

When will there be linearization for each ink channel? You promised this years ago. This is a real problem.

Associated threads
https://www.turboprint.info/support/vie ... 0&start=15
https://www.turboprint.info/support/vie ... =24&t=1827
Post by zedonet » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:50 am

Hello,

the experimental lineariziation is still available in PrintFab for Windows and it is working as I described previously. Please let me know if I should send instructions (however it is still the old documentation).

We plan to add linearization in the user interface. It is higher on the priority list now to improve quality with special inks like dye sublimation, I expect it to be available next spring.
Attachments
printfab EPSON L1800 bad gamut.png
printfab EPSON L1800 bad gamut.png (164.05 KiB) Viewed 20159 times
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: bad profiles with L1800 linearization curves don't match

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

the user linearization for PrintFab is actually still missing. However, I am not sure if the strange gamut (missing "edges" at Red, Green and Blue) is the result of bad linearization. Maybe the ink limit is set too low.

We noticed that the gamut is best at ink limit = 250.

A higher ink limit of 275 or 300 results in a bit smaller gamut for very dark colors (because in the transition from dark grey to pure black more CMY is used and less K).

An ink limit lower than 200 results in "missing edges" (as in your profile), because two full primary colors (e.g. 100% Y + 100% M) are not possible.

Of course this is only a guess - can you please send your settings in the profile dialog with the details "Quality", "Paper class", "Ink limit" (a screenshot would be best)?
smile

Post by smile »

As you can see from gamut plots the ink limit was not set too low, the gamut sizes are the same.
The setting chosen was second to the one that produced over inking.

This was for customer so I do not have access to the printer to do further testing, the customer was very disappointed by the performance of the printfab system, so photoshop was chosen instead.

Please make ink channel adjustment available, even if it's editing some text files.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Thank you for your clarification. Would adjusting the maximum ink amount per channel be sufficient for the moment?
smile

Post by smile »

No the Max setting causes to much ink. Need separate channel ink adjustment.

Same problem with Ip6700Dhttps://www.turboprint.info/support/vie ... =26&t=1300 and Pro9000 with InkTec inks, curves don't match and this cause poor profiles to say the least. Need separate channel ink adjustment to adjust then to cap the ink limit.