Problems Printing Print Color Chart

Linda Lee

Problems Printing Print Color Chart

Post by Linda Lee »

I’m trying my best to get a print profile printed to send in, but I’m having great difficulty.

My printer is an Epson WF-7720. I sent an email in last week questioning why there is not a updated HQ printer driver for the WF-7720. I was told that I could use the Epson_WorkForceWF7710_HQ driver. So, in setting up my WF-7720, I used the 7710_HQ driver. Also, before I began trying to print the printer profile, I ran the last software update to Version 1.4. Finally, I proceeded to print the Ink Limit Test Row which resulted in printing only a semi-circle of the squares and not all were printed, only 125 - 200 printed. Next, tried printing the Printer Profiles and again only half of a circle of colored squares printed. Then, I exited out, and went to Printer Setting to verify that “letter size/A4” was selected thinking this might be causing an error. I did this hoping that some custom paper setting might have been still loaded, but it correctly read “Letter”. Now, I’ve wasted several pieces of sublimation paper and finally have given up.

Just to be clear, it is only printing a semi-circle of colored squares right against the margin of the paper (open side of the circle to the margin). It appears as if it is completely cutting off half of the circle of color swatches. I was selecting the Universal Profile, hoping that is adequate for sublimation? I purchased the PrintFab Pro XL Windows version.

Also, I need to verify if I am to select a Color Space before printing this Print Color Chart or is it defaulted to a particular setting?

Thanks in advance for your speedy reply.

UPDATE: Using the specified driver for the WF-7720, seems to have corrected the prints that were cut in half. I didn't try to print the Print Color Chart again, because the driver is lacking so much that the new HQ 7710 includes. Any chance of getting the correct driver for the WF-7720 soon since it is basically the same printer?

Linda
Last edited by Linda Lee on Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Problems Printing Print Color Color Chart

Post by zedonet »

Hello Linda,

here is what the ink limit test row should look like:
DSC_3358.jpg
DSC_3358.jpg (92.27 KiB) Viewed 20751 times
and this is the profile chart (we recommend "Proof/Studio" for sublimation):
DSC_3359.jpg
DSC_3359.jpg (169.45 KiB) Viewed 20751 times
A4 or letter size paper must be inserted.

According to your description, a part of the print is cut off.

I have the following questions:
  • how did you load the paper - cassette or rear feed?
    When using the rear feed, please make sure that the paper guides in the printer are set correctly so that the paper is "centered".
  • what does your print look like - is it moved to the right or stretched (double width) or enlarged (double width and height) compared to my photos? (please post photos of your prints if possible)

No color space needs to be selected, the color chart is printed without a profile.

Remark: Profiles printed directly from the PrintFab application are for our profiling service and must be sent by post to us in Germany. If you want to create an ICC profile with your own spectrometer and profiling software - or from an ICC profiling provider in the USA - please follow this description:

https://www.turboprint.info/support/vie ... =22&t=7459
Linda Lee

Re: Problems Printing Print Color Chart

Post by Linda Lee »

I loaded the paper through the cassette 1. I enclose a photo of how it printed.

Thanks,
Linda
printer_profile.png
printer_profile.png (188.3 KiB) Viewed 20748 times
Linda Lee

Post by Linda Lee »

for clarification: I'm not wanting to create my own profile. I am wanting to print it to send to your firm.

Linda
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Thank you for sending the photos. It looks as if a smaller chart for printable CDs/DVDs has been printed.
Very strange, I have no explanation yet.
Linda Lee

Post by Linda Lee »

Thank you for responding and I just wanted to verify that you saw the update that I posted to the post. When I went back to the WF-7720 (the non HQ driver) I was able to print a full sheet from another project that I was also unable to print correctly with the WF-7710 HQ driver. I did not try printing the Printer Profile again because the differences in the newer HQ driver.

Linda
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Can you please email me the PrintFab log files - here is how to find them:

Windows menu -> All programs -> PrintFab -> Show log files

You can send them in a ZIP archive (e.g. compress from Windows Explorer
using the right-mouse-button option "Send to ZIP archive").
ktenney

Post by ktenney »

I just installed Turboprint on Ubuntu 20.04,
Canon Pixma G3200, usb

When I click "print ink limit test row"
the resulting print has only the boxes with color patches,
no text or numbers.

Suggestions?
Thanks,
Kent
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

what does your "ink limit test row" print look like - can you post a photo?
ktenney

Post by ktenney »

see attachment
inktest.jpg
inktest.jpg (47.1 KiB) Viewed 20697 times
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

thank you for your problem report.

Two questions:

- can you print regular documents, e.g. from Libre Office Writer, that contain black text?
- is the "Nozzle check" page printed correctly?

You can print it from TurboPrint Contrl -> Dialog "Toolbox -> "Nozzle check". It should look like this:
g3200-nozzle-test.jpeg
g3200-nozzle-test.jpeg (4.82 KiB) Viewed 20680 times
ktenney

Post by ktenney »

printing black text from Libreoffice is fine.
nozzle test attached
Thanks,
Kent
Attachments
nozzle.jpg
nozzle.jpg (116.75 KiB) Viewed 20541 times
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

The nozzle check indicates that the black ink is not printed (the characters "C,M,Y" are printed with a mix of Cyan, Magenta and Yellow), so either the ink cartridge or the print head has a problem.