Epson 1400 dull black

Questions on certain printers and applications
Peacepunk

Epson 1400 dull black

Post by Peacepunk »

Hello everyone!

I'm trying Printfab 2.96 for the first time, and I am so far very pleased with its ease of use, and the rastering options, good work on that side!

Unfortunately though, i am having a problem: I am trying to print on transparencies for silkscreen with my Epson stylus photo 1400, and even with the screen ink saturation at 400%, i still get the same results i would get by printing them with the vendor's built-in Premium glossy paper profile.

Am I missing something?

I'm printing with "single black" and doing the raster in Printfab, as i got some messy moiree when printing Photoshop-made halftones in "single black (pre halftoned)" mode.

Also some other random questions:

-Is it possible to print with 2880 or 5760 dpi on this model? As far as i know, the machine it's not capable of more than 1440... also, I read on your partner site solutionsforscreenprinters.com that 1440dpi is the suggested setting for the machine.

-If I'm printing single black, do I have to disable all other cartridges or that goes automatically?

Thanks!

G
redthreads

Re: Epson 1400 dull black

Post by redthreads »

Hello,

I recently purchased an epson Wf-7210 and I'm experiencing the same issues. The black ink saturation is not sufficient for my screen printing exposure units. I look forward to some support on this!
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Epson 1400 dull black

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

the general settings are explained in this thread (sorry, we have disabled links in the forum):

https://www.turboprint.info/support/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7534

To get solid black without halftone, don't set the "Contrast" slider below 100% (instead use the "Brightness" slider to adjust the transfer curve).

In the application's print dialog, enable "Separations" and select the color that you want to print (available in applications like PhotoShop, CorelDraw, Illustrator, Indesign).

The ink amount can be increased with the setting "Screen ink saturation". The maximum possible amount depends on the printer:

With the Epson Stylus Photo 1400 printer, setting "Transparency" and "1440dpi" or "5760dpi", it is possible to increase ink amount to approx. 200%.
The setting "1440dpi" may be better for special UV blocking ink which tends to print with a "spray effect" (edges not sharp) if the ink drops are very fine.

With the "Epson WorkForce WF7210 HQ" printer driver, setting "Silk Screen Film" and "4800dpi", it is possible to increase ink amount to approx. 400%

To apply more ink, a special "Multi black cartridge set" is recommended, where the C+M+Y cartridges are exchanged for black cartridges. You can get pre-filled cartridge sets e.g. from FilmDirectOnline.