Borderless printing??

mattiwbln

Borderless printing??

Post by mattiwbln »

Hi All,

using TurboPrint 2.51-1 on Ubuntu 20.04 i don't seem to able to print borderless on A6 or even A5 media (TP ControlCenter/Layout/Borderless-Radiobox can't be checked).

Looking around i saw that borderless printing is possible with pagesizes A4, US-Letter, A3 and others. Is this a feature? Is anyone working on this?

I had an earlier Version of Turboprint running (same OS), it didn't work there, either. If anyone knows about this or can help to fix it, i'd appreciate it.

Best regards
Matthias
mattiwbln

Re: Borderless printing??

Post by mattiwbln »

forgot...

The Printer used is a Epson XP-15000

Sorry...
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello mattiwbln,

actually only certain page sizes support borderless printing. This is because the printer has special ink absorbing sponges only at certain positions where the ink that is printed next to the paper is soaked up. If the page ends at a different position where no absorber is present, the ink might mess up the printer.
Probably the Windows driver from Epson does not support borderless printing for A5 either?
If you really need to print borderless on A5 you can just add your own borderless paper size with the "Sizes" menu of TurboPrint Control. There you can define a borderless format with the appropriate dimensions. This page size will be available in the "Layout" section of the print settings afterwards (you might have to close TurboPrint Control to make the change effective).
mattiwbln

Post by mattiwbln »

Hi,
that sounds like a very good idea! I will try defining a suiting papersize, thank you!!
Best Regards
Matthias
mattiwbln

Post by mattiwbln »

Hi All (and developers ;-) ),
thanks for the hint on defining special paper formats for borderless printing on non-supported papersizes. Still fiddling, but getting there...

There are no "absorbing sponges" or other devices to soak up "wasted" ink in an Epson XP15000 at all!

Since i'm working on/with a picture reduced to lines/outlines, when printing close or even a little past the paper's edges, i can't find traces of spilled ink. Aaaand... since, for example, A4 can be printed borderless, i reckon the printer's logic prevents spilling into the paper path or the printer's electonics.

So, here is my wish for next christmas: please teach the driver to support borderless printing on now unsupported paper formats.

Thanks for the driver, your help and the great work. Stay happy and healthy, have a joyful holiday and a happy new year,

Best Regards
Matthias